When I was 8 my Grandparents, both members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gave me my first copy of the scriptures with their picture and testimony pasted to the first page. At the time I new very little of Jesus Christ or any church, but I felt something real when I flipped through the pages, and at a young age I knew this was a special book.
When I was 9 my parents decided we should begin attending a church. My Mom was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but had not been to church in many years and my Dad as I understand was raised without any specific religion. Our church attendance began at a Presbyterian church, but when it was all said and done we ended up at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Two sister missionaries shared with us the Gospel of Jesus Christ and My Dad, my older sister, and I were baptized while my Mom regained full activity in the church. My Mom later shared with me that after attending other churches she knew this was were we needed to be. I am grateful for that choice.My family was actively involved in the church from then on, but it wasn't until I was 17 that I allowed the teachings and commandments to take full affect in my life. At this time I felt for the first time the blessings that come from repenting and coming unto Christ. And I know The Church of Jesus Christ is true, that Our Savior Jesus Christ is real, that we have a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers, and many other truths that I hope to share with you as I continue this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment